Personality of an Introvert
Common Characteristics of an Introverted Person
People come in many shapes and sizes, and so is the case with us introverts. Introverts have some personality characteristics in common. However not all the introverts are the same. What might apply to one introvert might not apply to some other introverts. We are all unique in our own ways regardless of our personality.
- Very stimulating environments and events might get you to feel distracted and unfocused as an introvert.
- Very often an introvert is a person who feels drained after being around many people.
- As an introvert, you need some time alone to recharge after a social event.
- As an introvert, you may enjoy solitude and spending time alone.
- Introverts are often very self-aware people.
- Introverts might like to learn new things by watching and observing others and practicing the tasks in private.
- Introverts usually tend to have a small group of close friends rather than a large group of good friends and acquaintances.
- Some people might find it difficult to get to know you because of your introverted personality.
- We, introverted people, are often described as shy, which is not true for all.
- Introverts might dislike being the center of attention.
- Introverts tend to think things through very carefully before speaking them out loud.
Misunderstanding introverts and our sometimes complex personality is very very easy. At least that is how it looks like from the standpoint of an introvert. There are several misconceptions about introverts, which are simply not right. Some common misconceptions may...
Many of us introverts have some profound personality traits in common. We introverts come in many shapes and sizes and also with different kinds of personalities. In this article, I wanted to discuss some of the very common personality traits of introverts including...
You Might Be an Introvert if Most of These Describe You Well
- Being around many people drains your energy
- You enjoy solitude and being alone
- You have small group of close friends instead of large group of friends
- People might describe you as a quiet person
- Some people might find it difficult to get to know you
- Too much of stimulation might make you feel distracted and unfocused
- You are very self-aware person
- You like to learn by watching and observing others and rather practice somewhere private
- You like independence in work related tasks
- You might find it difficult to start conversations especially with people you don’t know well
- You dislike small talk
- You tend to think things through very carefully before speaking them outloud
- You dislike being the center of attention
Recommended Reading: Introversion by Carl Jung
Have yo already tested if you are an introvert?
Web is full of interesting personality tests. They might not all be very scientific and all of them may not stand well in peer reviews, but at least their results can be at least entertaining to read and to compare to how you feel your own personality.
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
Two Americans Myers and Briggs have created the original version of the MBTI, which is today a very popular way to test and categorize personality types. In MBTI there are 16 different personality types of which 8 are extroverted personality types and 8 introverted personality types.
If you would like to know more about your personality type in MBTI, then taking the test [link: Personality Tests] can be a good idea to start if you haven’t done so already. You can take the MBTI test here [link: Personality Test]. Read more about MBTI at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers–Briggs_Type_Indicator
16 Personality Types According to Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
All in all, the 16 personality types according to MBTI are:
- Extroverted personality types: ESTJ, ESTP, ESFJ, ESFP, ENFJ, ENFP, ENTJ, ENTP
- Introverted personality types: ISTJ, ISTP, ISFJ, ISFP, INFJ, INFP, INTJ, INTP
Introverted Personality Types of MBTI
There are a total of eight introverted personality types in MBTI.
- ISTJ – a Logistician, https://www.16personalities.com/istj-personality
- ISTP – a Virtuoso, https://www.16personalities.com/istp-personality
- ISFJ – a Defender, https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality
- ISFP – an Adventurer, https://www.16personalities.com/isfp-personality
- INFJ – an Advocate, https://www.16personalities.com/infj-personality
- INFP – a Mediator, https://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality
- INTJ – an Architect, https://www.16personalities.com/intj-personality
- INTP – a Logician, https://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality
Join the Community
Subscribe to our Newsletter.